For an excursion on a beautiful summer day, there are always enough provisions to be provided. You can store it in a backpack or in a pannier. However, you are much more flexible and elegant with a bicycle trailer. Even the children or the pet can be transported with specially made models.
For the purchase decision, however, the differences and peculiarities of the different trailer types must first be clear. We explain to you which purchase criteria to pay attention to in bicycle trailer tests. Use our guide and buy the right bike trailer.
Read Also: IFVOD
Buying advice: How to find the right product in our bicycle trailer comparison
The most important in a nutshell
- With a trailer for the bicycle, loads, people and animals can be transported. In addition to a trailer for children, variants for dogs are also very popular. Most trailers are also suitable as wagons for pushing.
- The material used often depends on the type of trailer. Cargo trailers must be much more stable and therefore often use steel for the frame. Aluminum trailers, on the other hand, are very light.
- Experts often advise against very cheap trailers. Good brand models are available for 300 euros. These are versatilely equipped and have a high load capacity. In general, however, you will find offers in all price ranges.
- rat terrier dachshund mix
Similar to a trailer for the car, a bicycle trailer is mounted behind the respective vehicle and can now be used for the safe transport of loads, children, and even dogs. We will tell you everything you should consider when it comes to the material and equipment for your bike trailer. Read our guide now and don’t miss an important tip for buying your bike trailer.
Bicycle trailers for loads, children, or dogs
Bicycle trailers are available in a wide variety of versions. However, most products are designed for specific tasks. So it is quite important who or what you want to transport with your trailer. In addition to different designs, however, there are also special functions that can only be found on some trailers.
Bicycle trailers can be adapted to needs
Regardless of possible additional features, there are three typical types of bicycle trailers. A cargo trailer is a counterpart to the trailer on your car. Bicycle trailers for the transport of loads are stably built and can thus be loaded significantly higher than any other version. Most often you will surely encounter children’s bicycle trailers. This safe and comfortable way of transporting your own offspring is now very popular.
Therefore, it is hardly surprising that manufacturers of bicycle accessories have transferred the idea of the children’s trailer to other areas. This is how the bicycle trailer for dogs was born. However, these can also be used to transport other four-legged friends. In the following table you will find all the important information about the different types:
Read Also: ifun
- For the transport of purchases, building materials, equipment, etc.
- Robustly built
- Partly also usable as a handcart
Children’s Bicycle Trailer
- Bicycle trailer for one to two children
- Particularly supple suspension
- Can be partially converted into a buggy
Dog Bicycle Trailer
- Transport of dogs or similarly sized pets
- Similar construction to a child trailer
- Available in different weight classes