Most of us are often confused between the functionalities of a sandwich griller and a sandwich maker. We often consider them to be the same, but both these kitchen appliances have slight differences. While both serve one purpose, the difference is something that we to clear up. So, if you are planning to buy one of these appliances for your kitchen and are confused between both, you will surely need this information.
What Is a Sandwich Griller?
A sandwich griller is a cooking appliance with two heating plates that heat up using electricity. It has vertical or horizontal lines on the plate It’s a multifunctional appliance that can grill anything from a sandwich to paneer, toast bread and roast anything from fish to vegetables.
Some of the important things about a sandwich griller are:
- Multifunctional Appliance -Sandwich grillers can be used for different purposes such as grill, roast and toast.
- Adjustable Height– If you love your sandwich with lots of fillings, then a sandwich griller is the best appliance to make it with ease. You can adjust the height of the appliance as per your convenience without worrying about the fillings spilling out. You can make even jumbo burgers or multi-layered club sandwiches with ease.
- Non-Stick Plates and Ergonomic Handles– Almost all sandwich grillers come with non-stick plates on the grill that help prevent the food from sticking to the cooking surface. They also have ergonomic handles to avoid burning of hands.
What Is a Sandwich Maker?
A sandwich maker is a simple appliance that is used to make sandwiches with a crunchier twist. It is a portable and compact version of the sandwich griller. The only difference lies in the fact that sandwich makers don’t have lines on the cooking plates. So, you can plain sandwiches rather than ones with lines on them.
A sandwich maker also has more or less the same features as a sandwich griller.
Difference between a Sandwich Griller and Sandwich Maker
While both the cooking appliances have a few similarities, some of their functionalities make them different from each other:
- A sandwich griller is a bit more expensive than a sandwich maker.
- Sandwich griller is used to bake, grill or roast. On the other hand, a sandwich maker is used to make only sandwiches.
- Griller comes with a height-adjustable feature, and a sandwich maker comes with a handle lock functionality.
- Sandwich makers generally come with two plates for making two sandwiches at a time. Sandwich grillers have a wide cooking surface that can help you accommodate more sandwiches at a time.
- Since a griller is used for baking, grilling, and roasting, it uses a high level of heat. A sandwich maker, on the other hand, uses less heat as it is only required to prepare sandwiches.
- A sandwich maker is designed with triangular heating plates that divide the sandwiches into 2-halves in the shape of a triangle. A griller, on the other hand, is designed with horizontal or vertical lines that are imprinted on the food when pressed.
- Sandwich grillers are a bit heavier than sandwich makers.
If you are in the market for a kitchen appliance like a sandwich maker, griller, or bread maker to meet your cooking needs, the choice between a sandwich maker and a griller may be a difficult one. But with the above information, we are sure you have gained some knowledge on the differences between a sandwich maker and a griller. Now that you are aware of how both these cooking appliances differ from each other, you can surely make the most out of your purchase.